=== General ===
- the swift alpha program allows access to development versions of swift
- this means you will use the same versions as the developers
- please stay calm and patient when you face problems and discuss them with the developer team. For direct questions we have the [[/Z1 | "alpha chatroom"]] (login/registration required)
- please enable emails from `swift-project.org` and `swiftnoreply(at)gmail.com` for notifications
- understand [[help/download | which version to download]] and check [[help/installation | installation hints]]
=== Register accounts for alpha channel/datastore ===
- If you are a VATSIM user: [[datastore.swift-project.org | Register for SSO (Single-Sign-On)]] with your VATSIM account, then you can use your VATSIM credentials with the swift mapping database. After you have registered [[https://datastore.swift-project.org | here (SSO)]] a swift admin will approve your account.
- Register for SSO (Single-Sign-On) with your VATSIM account,Otherwise use the [[/Z1 | "alpha chatroom"]] to request an account
- You can regster your email with swift datastore to allow a reset of your password and receiving notification. then you can use your VATSIM credentials with the swift mapping database.However, After you have registered [[https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/index.php | here (SSO)]] a swift admin will approve your accountas best practice we advice you to use a secondary email in case something goes wrong (but this general advice is true for all public services and not swift only).
=== Register with Phabricator ===
- Here in Phabricator you can file bugs reports, request features etc.
- If not already done, register with Phabricator (this is where you are right now) by pressing the login button. Unfortunately this site does not support SSO with VATSIM yet.