Installing swift should be painless, however there are some hints which could be useful.
- [[help/download|Which version to download?]]
- You can install as many swift versions in parallel as you like. swift is a directory based installation, no registry entries or such. This is useful if you want to keep a stable version for online flying and a development version for testing.
- On windows you might see a warning (you need to ignore) when you start the installer. We have no official MS certification.
- The installation wizard can be run from the launcher. It allows you to (pre-)configure swift.
- swift knows settings and caches (data files, e.g. for downloaded data). You can copy those from your other swift version after installation
-- Not all data files can be copied. Most likely we would want to copy your model set and simulator model files
-- You can skip the copy, or just press next to get the standard files copied