Phriction Wiki Help system (user manual) swift alpha program (swift alpha and developer versions)
- the swift alpha program allows access to development versions of swift
- this means you will use the same versions as the developers
- please stay calm and patient when you face problems and discuss them with the developer team. For direct questions we have the "alpha chatroom" (login/registration required)
- please enable emails from swift-project.org and swiftnoreply(at)gmail.com for notifications
- understand which version to download and check installation hints
- Check the QAs
- use the "alpha chatroom" (preferred). Hint: email notifications can be disabled in the settings on the top right,
- alpha (at) swift-project.org (only when needed)
- Teamspeak voice: Upon request
IMPORTANT: Please contact us upfront before you register. We will start with a very small number of users and gradually increase the user base. This is about a coordinated testing, not just playing around.
- If you are a VATSIM user: Register for SSO (Single-Sign-On) with your VATSIM account, then you can use your VATSIM credentials with the swift mapping database. After you have registered here (SSO) a swift admin will approve your account.
- Problems with VATSIM SSO ?
- Otherwise use the "alpha chatroom" to request an account
- You can register your email with swift datastore to allow a reset of your password and receive notifications. However, as best practice we advice you to use a secondary email in case something goes wrong (but this general advice is true for all public services and not swift only).
- To download alpha you need to go here: https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/alpha.html
- Click on the alpha screen and continue
- Login with your VATSIM SSO account (see previous step)
- If already approved, you see the download page
- If not, you'll see an info that your account awaits approval
- If your VATSIM experied, get that fixes, see here
- Here in Phabricator you can file bugs reports, request features etc.
- Read the registration policy
- If not already done, register with Phabricator (this is where you are right now) by pressing the login button. Unfortunately this site does not support SSO with VATSIM yet.
We will test the software in several stages. Please do not use parts not yet released for testing.
|stage||date||purpose||req. skills and prerequisites|
|M1||end April 17||test mapping tool and installation, create mappings for tests and future users||understand model matching, understand aircraft ICAOs, no programming skills needed, English as team language. Please watch the tutorials before you start|
- Testplan M1:
- Do not fly on VATSIM yet, pilot client needs still improvements
- Set you a goal: Try to do at least 100, or better 2500 mappings. This sounds a lot when you have done the first 10, but the author has done couple of 1000s. You find your way to simplify the task. So you can select all aircraft of an airline and a distribution, then assign those values in 2 simple steps.
- Do not give up when you find a bug. Report it and carry on unless it is a showstopper.
- Watch the mapping tool YouTube videos as introduction
- Download and install swift from the alpha channel
- Start the mapping tool
- Load your own models into the mapping tool
- Understand filtering
- Now pick a model not yet in the database and try to create a mapping
- Publish this model. Try to publish at least 10 models.
- Once we see you got the idea, we might upgrade your role, you can then directly update into the DB, not only create change requests
- Carry on, pick you favorite AI package, and do as many mappings as you can