Phriction Wiki Help system swift alpha program Alpha Q and A (questions and answers)
Can be explained:
- This site (https://dev.swift-project.org) is about swift development and bug reports
- The datastore (https://datastore.swift-project.org) contains the mappings and alpha users can download the swift development versions.
- The alpha downloads can be downloaded from https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/alpha.html
SSO means single sign on, you do not need an extra username/password but you can use your VATSIM credentials.
Do a simple test, try to login to https://forums.vatsim.net
If SSO does not work with you?
- If not, there is a problem with your VATSIM credentials - you need to clarify with VATSIM.
- If this works and not with datastore, let us know
- Other hint: if you have a 6 digit VATSIM id, try to add a leading 0: 123456 -> 0123456
- If this still does not work, contact us via alpha chat
- Please read swift installation and configuration guide
- My account is not approved yet. We approve users step by step (in waves). We want to handle user requests/issue before we accept new users testing
- Where can I file bug reports? Here, check the status page first.
- Why is there no voice in the YouTube tutorials? Simple, matter of time. They are subtitled because subtitles can be easily added and adjusted - so resources is the reason
- Why is A and B not happening, happening faster etc.? Resources, easiest way of speeding up things, join and do it. Are capacity limit is reached.
- I did not get a response to my query? Be patient, or ask again. Hobby project, limited resources (maybe we should set up a telephone hotline holding queue as in professional projects]]
- In the alpha chat room, how to disable all the email notifications? Go to the top of the page, settings, you can change it there
- Check the status page to see if something is ready
- Currently you have to manually download, improved feature in development
- You can override a swift installation, or just delete the folder.
- Close swift before updating.