As a developer you need to complete a few things before you can start. No worries, this is a one time effort and grants you access rights for the various development tools.
- make sure you receive email from *.swift-project.org and swiftnoreply(at)gmail.com. Some systems will send notifications and/or require email verification
- Become a member of the alpha users. All information are here: swift alpha program
- There is a CLA you need to sign (this will allow the swift team to use your contributions).
- We need self organized supporters. We try to help, but cannot support each step.
- For read access to the git repository: you need to upload your ssh key to your settings.
- Shortcut is https://dev.swift-project.org/settings/user/<username>/page/ssh/ if you cannot find your settings.
- You can push Differential patches
- But once you start to handle bigger tasks we will grant write access
- for communication: Install Teamspeak and TeamViewer for your platform. This is required for online meetings you need to attend.
- C++ programmers need to install git and the latest Qt version. For swift the (free) open source version of Qt/QtCreator can be used.
- Compile and start swift as C++ programmer.