Here you find some high level tasks (besides open issues and fixes) you could work on
Requires: C++ skills, installation of Qt Creator
- Radar screen, pilot client. Create a UI for a radar screen (similar) to the one in FsInn. Populate this with data
- Integrate a small web server in the swift core, which will provide JSON web services as API to swift. Then the web service API will be used with the swift map:
- swift pilot client download services. Allow to automatically update airline icons and such from the server
- CPDLC integration
- Read AIRAC data from locally installed data
- Show previews of the models in the mapping tool. No idea if and how this is possible, but would be nice to have such a feature.
Requires: less C++ skills than the above, but still installation of Qt Creator, more focused on the UI builder, stylesheets
- Improve the layout of the text message parts. Currently this is layouted via a CSS, and mostly shown as table view. This could somehow look cooler
- Also the popup error and warning messages look a bit crude and could be refined (more 3D looking). So this could be fine tuned as well. This screenshot shows what we mean
- CPDLC: create the UI for the CPDLC integration
- allow to request (change request) new liveries
- allow to upload airline icons
- notification services (push messages) when relevant data change (e.g. from datastore to slack)
- help with the efforts to create mappings, see Mapping hints and FAQs
- help us to complete the airline icons. Provide us with airline icons we can integrate, see Providing airline icons (VA icons, military organization icons) . Mind the copyright!
- ATC icons: We are using icons to represent the different ATC stations. Those icons currently have a low resolution. We could use them in higher resolutions and streamlined.
- Read how to attach icons here: Adding icons (airlines, VAs, other organizations etc.)