IMPORTANT: Close all running swift applications before starting the installation
Installing swift should be painless, however there are some hints which could be useful.
- Which version to download?
- Alpha users please check: status
- On windows you might see a warning (you need to ignore) when you start the installer. We have no official MS certification.
- The installation wizard can be run from the launcher. It allows you to (pre-)configure swift.
IMPORTANT: If you face problems, check Troubleshooting
- You can install as many swift versions in parallel as you like. swift is a directory based installation, no registry entries or such.
- This is useful if you want to keep a stable version for online flying and a development version for testing.
- Each installation has its own settings and cache files (and hence is isolated).
- From the wizard you can copy settings / caches from one version to another (if you like)
- You can always open your directories from the main menu
- Windows: normally C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\org.swift-project
IMPORTANT: swift is just a directory install, you can simply delete the directory to uninstall if you like.
- You can just install a new version over the old. Some people have reported problems with that, in such a case just delete or uninstall swift.
- swift knows settings and caches (data files, e.g. for downloaded data). You can copy those from other swift versions after installation
- Hint: If you have only one swift version installed, there will be no such wizard screen
- Not all data files can be copied. Most likely you would want to copy your model set and simulator model files
- You can skip the copy, or just press next to get the standard files copied