If you want to keep two versions of Prepar3D for online flying, a second swift can be installed so both P3D versions can co-exists and have independent model sets. This has been tested with swiftinstaller-window-64-0.9.4.276 with P3Dv4.5 and swiftinstaller-window-64-0.9.4.366 for P3Dv5 with Hotfix1.
- Install a second swift by using different installation locations (directories). For example swift-0.9.4-64bit_P4 and swift-0.9.4-64bit_P5.
- If you want to use the FLAi models for model matching:
- Copy the folder FLAi with the add-on.xml from Documents-Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons to Documents-Prepar3Dv5 Add-ons.
- Note: This is using the existing FLAi package on your computer, no new download necessary.
- For the new second swift installation for P3Dv5:
- Start swift Launcher - Mapping Tool and create a new model set and press save P3D
- Ensure the correct path to the P3D version, this is set in: Settings-> Simulator basics. If necessary set it manually to P3Ddv4 for the first and P3Dv5 for the second one.
- To distinguish between the two swift versions, create swiftguist.exe links on the desktop, such as swiftguist.exe Pv4.5 and the other one swiftguist.exe Pv5.