Read this Checklist: Check before your 1st flight
- Troubleshoot voice (no ATC, no MIC, no sound)
- MacOS user? See No sound on macOS (loopback not working)
- I only see "Constellations". Most likely you have no model set, an improper model set, see Model set - creating or recreate a model set
- Warn of XSquawkBox conflict
- XSwiftBus doesn't work properly if xsquawkbox or x-ivap is also installed since only one can have control of X-Plane multiplayer aircraft. swift will raise a warning in case another plugin is controlling the multiplayer aircraft.
- Remove or disable the conflicting plugin and restart X-Plane. Plugins are still loaded even if they are disabled. Disabled just means that any callbacks registered by the plugin will not be called. Some people have to remove the plugins from the folder, some do not.
- Maybe you consider a 3rd party tool like XPlane plugins xOrganizer
- Bluebell CSL models sunken in ground (vertical offset fix) , see XPlane aircraft too high or too low (wrong offset/CG)
- XPlane models in model set, but not rendered. Solution: CSL files need to be inside the XPlane folder. Moving the XPlane models might require to reload your swift model cache, then recreating the model set.
- swift cannot connect to XPlane simulator side plugin: Check if the settings of the swift side and XPlane side do match, XSwiftBus settings. If the simulator LED is "on" the simulator can be connected:
- HINT: Some users did have problems with spaces in their model directory paths
- Aircraft animation as gear down not working: There are some known conflicts with other XPlane add-ons as those keep common multiplayer animation datarefs (being shared between all pilot clients) locked and the swift dataref registration fails. In order to resolve the problem move the conflicting plugin out of your plugin folder and restart. The conflict is known to cause trouble with gear animations and such.
- FS9 needs two connections: DirectPlay Multiplayer and FSUIPC since DP MP doesn't have all required details
- DirectPlay is auto connected if swift runs on the same machine and has been properly installed (adding itself as "lobby-able" application on windows registry)
- See Connecting FS9 manually through multiplayer
- When you run FS9 as admin, then FSUIPC isn't connecting, because swift running as non admin blocks the connection. Run both as admin.
Not validated: Installation in Application failt, but in XPlane directory it works.
If you see messages like No network access point or No network and you are using WIFI then you likely suffer from a Qt bug. In some versions the Qt framework (the library swift uses) is broken. Qt has promised to fix that. However, you can try the following workaround. In your swift installation directory you will see a directory bearer, just remove this directory and try again.