swift can be used in a shared cockpit scenario, with one pilot flying as co-pilot
- the primary pilot will fly with the normal callsign in NORMAL mode
- the secondary pilot needs to add an extra character to the callsign and will use the OBS mode
- the 1st pilot will be shown as normal for everyone.
- using the OBS prevents the 2nd pilot (co-pilot) to be shown.
- the callsign hack prevents the primary pilot to be shown in the co-pilot's simulator.
Remark: another way to disable a particular aircraft from being shown in swift is to disable it in the model view (context menu). This should not be required if the callsign is correct.
You can add a partner callsign to receive text message for your co-/pilot. See Advanced login popup (since 0.9.2).
If you see your "co-pilot" following your plane then most likely the 2 callsigns are NOT set as described above.