- Start Euroscope at the airport of your choice. It is not necessary to start Euroscope's Proxy Server.
- Connect Euroscope to VATSIM.
- Start X-Plane 11 or P3D at an airport of your choice
- For X-Plane 11, use any aircraft (e.g. C172) on a remote stand. Once started, select Tower (shift+5) or Free Camera (c).
- For P3D, select 'Tower Controller' from the main startup page/Location/Starting Location (bottom of list).
- Start the swiftGUI
- Under Settings => Servers, create a server for localhost by filling in a suitable name (e.g.) 'Tower View' and a description (e.g. 'Local Tower View').
- As address use 'localhost' or the IP-address of the computer that runs Euroscope, set port 6809.
- Set Eco. to 'VATSIM' and type to 'FSD [VATSIM]'.
- Fill in anything in the boxes for real name, ID and password (none of them are used for a proxy connection, but the boxes cannot be empty).
- Click on the swift Connect widget. On top you will find the Network options, there select the Other Servers tab (do not use VATSIM tab) and then the Tower Server that you just created.
- The information in the Own aircraft section do not matter, you can fill in any bogus data.
- Click on Connect. Live VATSIM aircraft will appear in X-Plane 11/P3D after several seconds, your swift Aircraft and Models pages will be populated, too.
Tower view impressions (X-Plane 11)
Euroscope with vSMR plugin