Phriction Wiki Help system (user manual) swift general (troubleshooting, concepts, adv.topics) Creating a Windows crash dump (swift hanging)
IMPORTANT: External links to 3rd party articles!
If you encounter swift hanging and NOT responding anymore you could create a crashdump and make this available for the swift team.
- Here it is described how to do that, easy and simple: "look for task manager"
- as the dmp file is quite big please zip it (rar it, whatever) and upload it to your shared drive (like Google drive, ...) and send us the link
- Let us know you have that files: https://discord.gg/R7Atd9A (DISCORD, 3rd party)
Hanging can have multiple reasons
- swift has opened a model window but you do not see this window because it has opened up on a different screen.
- see https://www.technipages.com/bring-off-screen-window-back-onto-screen