SimConnect (communication between swift and FSX/P3D) knows two ways to add an aircraft, see P3D docu.
- SimConnect_AICreateNonATCAircraft: The SimConnect_AICreateNonATCAircraft function is used to create an aircraft that is not flying under ATC control (so is typically flying under VFR rules).
- SimConnect_AICreateSimulatedObject: The SimConnect_AICreateSimulatedObject function is used to create AI controlled objects other than aircraft
The normal way to create our aircraft is via SimConnect_AICreateNonATCAircraft and works by far for the most AI aircraft. However, some helicopters etc. can only be added as SimConnect_AICreateSimulatedObject.
Unfortunately this varies over the version (so it might work as "NonATC" for P3D, but fails for FSX. So we use trial and error here, if the model fails the first time with "NoATC", we use "Simulated object". This was not worth mentioning it if both version would behave the same.
- But aircraft added as "NoATC" will not show in the aircraft view menu, so you cannot follow those.
- Also aircraft parts cannot be set on those.
As a result some people do not like to use SimConnect_AICreateSimulatedObject. You can control that by the simulator settings.
- keep that off until you see that issue
- then you have two options
- enable it and use such aircraft via SimConnect_AICreateSimulatedObject, but not seeing them in the menu.
- replace them in the model set by AI aircraft which work.