Aircraft parts are used to transfer aircraft information about "gear", "spoilers", "flaps", "lights". They also transfer a GND flag to tell if the aircraft is located on ground. VATSIM uses the parts ground flag.
In the FSD protocol and the related extensions there are 2 ways to transfer a ground flag. swift supports both:
- along with the aircraft parts (VATSIM)
- and as flag in the aircraft position
- on VATSIM you will see the parts flag for clients supporting parts, e.g. vPilot and swift.
- on VATSIM the GND flag for PARTS is supported, the "other GND flag" not.
- For other servers it depends on the server settings if GND and PARTS are enabled
- You could even enable the GND flag for an individual aircraft. Never do this unless you know what you are doing!
- Leave the ground flag and fast position settings alone unless you know what you are doing.
You can check the GND and PARTS in the model view.