Phriction Wiki Help system (user manual) swift installation, update, uninstallation (overview) Updating swift
- this is the easiest way to install a swift version
- you just select the same directory as your previous version
- all swift files will be copied over the "old" ones
- you will NOT override your settings and model set, the same settings/models as before will be used
- we recommend to override within a 3 digit branch only, so 0.8.9.xxxx by 0.8.9.yyyy.
- otherwise we recommend to install the new version parallel to the old one. By that you can always fallback to the old version if you need to.
- we recommend to keep testing versions parallel to your latest stable version (whatever stable means to you)
- Do NOT forget to copy the new XSwiftBus version if applicable. Either in the wizard or manually
If you always want to override, just install swift in a directory without version number, or with a 1 digit version number only, (e.g. foodir/swith_0.9). But you need to understand:
- by that your old version is gone when you update
- your old setup will be used,
- but if the new version, is broken, there is no way back.
- If you have a stable version for online flying, keep this until you have tested the new version
- you would install swift in a new directory, this is literally a new installation
- then you would copy your models/settings from another swift version via the launcher
- this is covered in Installing a new version in parallel and copy swift data from other versions
IMPORTANT: Many people mistakenly start a wrong version with multiple installations, so if you no longer need another version consider uninstalling it